Not everyone uses an aftershave, but it might be a good idea if you have irritation and sensitivity after shaving. However, many aftershaves can sting and burn sensitive skin, worsening problems you’re trying to repair. The fundamental problem with aftershaves is that they have a high alcohol content and this can often cause even more irritation, redness and dryness (which can be especially nasty if you already have dry skin to begin with).
The MEN³ aftershave is alcohol-free. Contains no parabens or mineral oils and is also suitable for men with extremely sensitive or irritated skin as well as men suffering from eczema, flakes, dermatitis and psoriasis. Do you have a beard? Use this MEN³ all-in-one balm as a beard conditioner to keep your beard shiny, smooth and healthy.
The MEN³ aftershave not only provides a moisturizing and calming effect on your skin, the subtle scent (sandalwood, amber and leather) is extremely attractive. Scientific studies have concluded that women subconsciously link the scent of this combination with androsterone which is elevating the attraction and sexual desire to men.
The 3 step shaving ritual (MEN³ pre-shave, shave and aftershave) has been developed for those man who wants to look groomed, keep their beard area healthy and who is looking for high quality.
No mainstream design for the MEN³ man who has an eye for detail and strives for quality! No plastic, no lavish decorations, but a pure and powerful design to make a stylish statement in the bathroom. Jet black glass vials conceal #MEN3’s scientifically advanced products that are suitable for even the most sensitive skin. Classy and timeless for the distinguished gentleman …
What is the difference between the MEN³ and other aftershaves?
Many aftershaves contain a lot of alcohol, but this is often too aggressive, it dries out the skin and can cause annoying skin irritations. MEN³ aftershave is alcohol-free and contains no parabens. In addition, the MEN³ aftershave is based on Babassu, Propolis Extract, Cister and Jojoba oils, all of which have healing and moisturizing properties. These non-greasy oils penetrate quickly into the skin and provide natural suppleness and an extremely pleasant and fresh feeling.
This aftershave contains also a number of essential oils or extracts witch have a calming and moisturizing effect to keep skin supple and your beard shiny.
The healing effect of the MEN3 aftershave is mainly obtained by the beneficial properties of the essential oils and natural extracts. Mainly Lavender, Chamomile, Grapeseed, Lemon Zest, Rosemary, Cypress, Grapefruit, Propolis Extract, Cistrose, Sunflower Seed, Wild Mint and Willow Bark. Exotic natural extracts include Chinese Magnolia, Chinese Tea Leaves, Algae, Jojoba, and Macadamia Ternifolia (Australian Nut).
A selection of the 38 caring, purifying, healing, moisturizing, toning and smoothing ingredients:
- Babassus oil: This non-greasy oil contains medicinal properties for easily irritated, dry and damaged eczema skin. It has antioxidant and moisturizing properties and softens the beard hairs and is great for moisturizing your scalp.
- Ladaniferus Oil: Cistrose essential oil. Improves the skin condition, makes the skin smoother due to its astringent properties.
- Shea Butter: soothing properties for psoriasis and eczema skin and is not comedogenic! Shea butter has amazing skin benefits. It combats dry skin as a result of shaving. Shea butter also softens and soothes the skin, yielding to a smooth skin free of bumps.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract: Extract of Chinese tea leaves that is mainly used for its antibacterial effect. The polyphenols present in green tea protect the skin from sunlight-induced aging, sunburn and UV-induced immune loss. It is used for good skin health and possesses anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and astringent properties.
- Chamomilla Recutita Extract: Chamomile flower extract. The essential oils of this species of chamomile flowers – including the azulene – possess antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, wound healing and anti-ulcer properties. Different components are responsible for these properties. For example, the azulene works antiallergic and antiviral, the matricin; the flavonoids, choline and alpha bisabolol anti-inflammatory which will help contribute the lessening of redness and itchiness of the skin.
- Chondrus Crispus: Irish Moss or red alga. Chondrus crispus, also known as red algae, is a type of seaweed that’s a rich source of many nutrients for skin, including the pigment beta-carotene and potent antioxidants zeaxanthin, lutein, which help protect skin from the visible effects of blue light exposure. The active substances in red alga are mainly carrageenan, carrageenan, iodine and sulphur.
- Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract: Grapefruit extract is an emollient oil with antioxidant properties. Grapefruit extract has the power of cleansing and moisturizing the skin. The amino acids, carbohydrates and fruit acids are responsible for the hydration and cleansing of the skin, while the flavanoid will improve the strength of the capillaries (small blood vessels) which has a good effect on couperose.
- Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil: Lemon zest essential oil. Has a toning and purifying effect on the skin. Also ideal for treating oily skin including acne.
- Cupressus Sempervirens Oil: Essential oil of Cypress. Contains a high dose of vitamin E that is not only the anti-aging vitamin par excellence, but also helps prevent blackheads and clogged pores. The vitamin E present in the Cypress will defend the cells (skin) against oxidation by free radicals (UV radiation from the sun) and therefore slows down the aging process of the skin. In short, the Vitamin E present will greatly reduce erythema (redness), swelling and wrinkle formation.
- Helianthus Annuus Extract: This extract of the sunflower seeds. Has a healing effect and stimulates cell renewal. Helianthus annuus seed oil is particularly beneficial for dry, dehydrated, or environmentally compromised skin because its linoleic acid content helps skin synthesize its own lipids (fats), including ceramides, visibly repairing its barrier and leading to smoother, healthier-looking skin
- Lavandula Hybrida Oil: Essential oil of a lavender variety with healing properties for eczema and burns.
- Propolis Extract: possesses antibacterial, antimycotic and antioxidant properties. Promotes healing and blood flow and makes warts disappear. Only a high quality aftershave is able to soothe the skin after shaving and to prevent a possible inflammation. Any injuries should not be only disinfected, but also healed, and that’s why we used an effective ingredient such as propolis.
- Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract: Extract of rosemary. revitalizing properties. Healing effect on acne, eczema and dermatitis. Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract can improve circulation and is slightly antibacterial, promotes skin metabolism and also contains powerful antioxidants.Blemished skin can be brought back to balance by rosemary.
- Salix Alba Bark Extract: Willow bark extract has an anti-inflammatory and calming effect. Studies indicate the salicin content can offer general anti-aging properties for skin and its other beneficial compounds (including polyphenols and flavonoids) contribute to its antioxidant effects.
- Jojoba oil has moisturizing, emollient and protective properties. Healing effect on scars. The oil protects the skin against moisture loss without leaving a greasy feeling. Jojoba oil is particularly skin-friendly, is quickly absorbed and is suitable as a care product for all skin types; especially for dry skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate moistures balance and improves skin elasticity, leaving skin looking visibly smoother.